Thursday 3 October 2013

Lila, The Divine Game - Madina Lake's Epilogue


Farewell UK tour poster
So, last night was an incredible night. I got a chance to say farewell to a band that I've followed from the very beginning. I went to see Madina Lake at the 02 Academy in Leicester. Even though their 8 year journey as Madina Lake has come to its conclusion their farewell UK tour, whilst special & internally emotional, was by no means a sad affair. Wow they know how to put on a show! I'm so happy I got to watch them play one more time. They were the first band I ever saw live back in 2009 so going to see them again was a no-brainer. They played a really nice range of songs from all 3 albums, belting out every song with equal energy and enthusiasm and they genuinely looked as if they were having a great time! There were not a lot of people at the gig and some would moan at that but in all honesty I think it made the night even better, it felt so much more intimate and allowed them to interact with the crowd in more ways then they would have been able to if the venue was rammed.


Another bonus was being able to finally buy Lila, the Divine Game (Which I got signed), the book written by Matthew Leone (Bassist). I cannot wait to read it, it tells the whole story that is explored and told through the music of the 3 albums, From them, through us, to you, Attics to Eden & World War III. We also managed to get  hands on one of the set lists, which my brother got signed. The highlight of the night came later though as along with many others we got to meet some of the band. I met Nathan & Matthew Leone, they are such nice people & to hear how much they truly appreciate the support of the fans is refreshing. It was such a pleasure talking to them and being able to get pictures with them. I must also add that Matthew Leone is such an inspirational man, I have a lot of respect for who he is & what he went through.  Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to meet Mateo (guitarist) though as we all got moved away from the tour bus by the venue staff, which was a shame. The night was then capped with a ceremonial McDonald's then back to a friends house to catch forty winks.
Me with Matthew Leone

Me with Nathan Leone


In other music news, thanks to the beauty of 02 priority I've managed to get tickets to go see Fall out Boy next year in Birmingham on their Save Rock & Roll tour. Mind blowing stuff. Cannot wait, never got to see them before their hiatus so bring on March!

2 comments: