Saturday 5 April 2014

The Endgame Amalgamation

The Dissertation is done. 


The last 9 months of my life & one of the primary reasons I started this blog is over. Everything I have thought and written on the subject has been concisely written in less than 10'000 words spanning 80 pages. I am so proud of what I have done. To me, it is the best piece of work I have ever produced. Even though the results of the study determined on the whole that a hell of a lot of research needs to be conducted on birds in general, as everything out there currently is so inconclusive and anecdotal, I believe that studies like mine are important in paving the way to future research. I hope the research I have conducted can help shape or even inform on the captive accommodation of striated caracara. I just hope that those zoos and wildlife parks, who allowed me to carry out my research, are happy with it. After all for allowing me to do my observations, I think its fair that they deserve an acceptable piece of work in return.

I have reached a rather split personality about finishing the dissertation, on one hand I am glad its done, the relinquishment of stress felt good & I am proud that I actually finished it, as there was a little period at the beginning of this year where I was seriously doubting everything including the project, but I bucked up and got it done. However, this is where the split mind comes into play. Since handing it in I have not been as ecstatic as I should have been, in an odd way I'm missing the stress, I'm missing the having to actually wake up and be out and active because I have this piece of work to do. Its an odd sensation. I think its because I'm not used to not having the pressure since being at uni, its become a state of mind. Hopefully it'll all change once I head back to help out at the falconry centre during the holidays, along with actually nailing a job back home. I do have a bit of revision to do over the holidays as well, I have to finish off my behavioural ecology TCA, then one exam in May and a Viva, also in May.

This week has also bought a rather joyous element. I have a new member of my flock, a 1 year old female Cockatiel to hopefully pair up with the male I already own, Monty. The female is called Alina & she is very pretty, check her out below.



I suppose now, whilst I have a bit of free time I'll get back onto my drawing, I have a new series that I want to do: 'Project Radiate'.
This group of drawings all stems from the fact that over the years my imagination has come up with a vast array of antagonists and protagonists for a variety of things & I want to catalogue and draw them all, really allow people to access and get to know/understand these characters I have spent so many years creating and molding. We shall see how much I get done on that. I will also get back to writing Absolute Zero & possibly Renegades as I have not been able to do any work on either for months! Another thing on my list is learning to paint on Photoshop, its something I experimented with a few years ago but never really followed up on, I want to change this. I feel my drawings need more of a punch, they need to be something more than pencil drawings, its time to also breath life into the characters. Apart from that everything is going to be relatively quiet up until the end of June when i head off to Africa. So yeah, that is everything up to date. 

As an added note, one of my friends, who also happens to be my brothers girlfriend, has started a blog of her very own. Its good to see someone I know making a transition. As much as I use Tumblr and I do find it rather amusing, I much prefer this more formal representation. So yeah, shes set her blog up and you should all keep your eyes peeled and follow her if you like the idea of a nice lifestyle blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment